Starlight Retreat Yellowstone’s Luxury Safari Tent has beds for 4 guests. It’s a 14’ X 16’, 224 sq/ft premium safari tent (pictured is a 12X14 so your tent will be much larger) at our eco-friendly glamping retreat on 40 acres of stunning forest, meadows, and aspen groves; yet only several minutes from hwy 20 and 19 minutes to West Yellowstone. It has 1 King and 1 bunkbed for a total of 2 twin beds (bunkbed not pictured), each with their own bedding. It also has a 6X14 ft covered exterior deck and parking in front.
You’ll enjoy AC electrical, interior lighting, extra blankets and be walking distance from shared bathrooms with hot showers. We have several identical safari tents of this size. If we have available inventory for a specific date, it will show as bookable for you. If you want to book more than one tent for larger parties, you can book this same listing twice or reach out to us to confirm.
Come join us for our opening season in 2023 from June 1st to Sept 30!
Our Large luxury safari tent is roomy yet cozy inside. With a 224 sq/ft interior. It includes fresh linens and extra thick comforters for each bed. There’s also extra blankets to keep you warm in the coldest of nights. It gets warm during the summer days, but even summer nights can drop down into the 40’s which is why we don’t have air conditioning.
We’re also the only eco friendly glamping site near West Yellowstone to supply 3 prong AC electrical, all off grid, to every accommodation. This will power all the interior lighting, and allow you to charge all your devices, even most laptops that take a standard 2 or 3 prong AC wall plug. Please keep in mind that they will not power small appliances, CPAP machines or anything that runs continuously through the night.
Restrooms are walking distance and shared with other guests. We offer toilets, sinks and hot showers, all off grid. We also provide you with fresh bath towels.
We do operate in all weather conditions. It’s easy to forget this is still camping so please remember to plan for the weather, that includes warm/cold weather, rain, mud, and even snow during some months.
This is glamping, which is still a form of camping, so there are a few things to be prepared for that will be different than a hotel stay.
– WEATHER The tent is not insulated like a house, it also is not temperature controlled with a thermostat. That means the temperature will fluctuate through the day. Mid day it will be warm, and in the morning it will be cold. Overwhelmingly guests have reported back that they stay cozy and warm under the comforters even when the tent cools down through the night. To us this is one of the best things about camping, waking up to a cool tent, still cozy and warm in your bed to the sound of the birds chirping and the sun lighting up the side of the tent. Somehow it makes cuddling with loved ones even better.
– WILDLIFE One of the unique draws to this area is its amazing variety of wildlife. The ones our guests should be aware of are bears, insects, cows and dogs.
– Bears. Although most bears are mostly found inside the national park, they can travel distances and have a great sense of smell. We do not want them interacting with you or any other guests so we have a rule at Starlight Retreat Yellowstone of no food, deodorant, toothpaste or anything else with a strong scent inside the tents. Please leave your food inside your car with the windows closed, most cars will do a great job of limiting smells from escaping but it’s even better if you put them inside ziplock containers as well. For added peace of mind, you’re welcome to store those things inside our shipping container. Additionally, you can request a can of bear spray to have in your tent during your stay as well (although we don’t have any reason to believe any guest will need to use it). Please leave the bear spray behind as you check out. If you take it with you, we’ll assume you wanted to purchase it. We sell them for $50/can and we will simply charge your card on file.
– Insects. Every forest has insects, including mosquitos, we suggest everyone bring bug spray when they go anywhere in the outdoors.
– Cows. We work with local ranchers and allow cows to graze on site, they usually only come on property in September/October, don’t be alarmed if you see them, it’s perfectly OK and expected. Although relatively harmless, treat them as a wild animal and keep your distance.
– Dogs. We only allow dogs with special permission. If you have a service dog or must bring your dog, please contact us first. Yellowstone NP does not allow you to have a dog outside of the parking lot. You’ll have to leave it in your car if you want to go see any sights.
– TENT USE Before checkout we kindly ask that you leave the sheets out so we can know which ones need to be cleaned. Also please close/tie shut the door on your tipi.
We have off grid mini solar power stations for each unit. You just need to power it on to use it.
– OPTIONAL EXTRAS You may want some of our other optional extras, these can be purchased on site, before you arrive on our website, or through the link in your booking confirmation.
$10/night – Pack and Play rental
$20 – Two hour early check in, allows you to check in as early as 2pm.